Thursday, May 28, 2015

Prism

I feel like I'm missing something. I get all hyped into starting new projects, but then begin to worry about where to go from there.

Outlines seem like the logical choice, but whenever I outline, it feels like I now know the direction the story is going and there is no room for creativity and the adventure of blazing new trails.

This cyclical mindset is not helping. How do I overcome one end or the other? How do I outline without taking away the sense of discovery? When I write, it's not planned out at all. I am meeting these characters and experiencing the world just like I do when I read other stories. Things make sense so I fill it in.

I don't mean to post this and make a disheartened mood. This is a serious question I have. I know part of writing involves pushing through until creativity flows again, but not having an outline is seriously setting me back.

I'm going to need to think about this and study around online for anyone who has had the same problem and gotten past it.

For now, here's some new writing:

     Have you ever seen a prism turning a ray of white light into a rainbow of light? This is what happens to me when I run through glass.
     It hurts.
     Green. That's me right now. I am green. That means I am basically normal, except that I am not normal at all. I am balanced, but I am extreme. Confused? Not me. I know exactly what is going on around me and inside me. I know so much more than I could ever dream to know because I am free of things like emotions and delusions. It's simple, but I realize you won't understand that because you aren't free. I'll leave that to Orange to worry about.
     My first assessment of my immediate environment includes matters of location, objective and resources. Location: I am in my high school complex, standing at the third floor balcony with my back turned to the large window. It is still sunny. The last class of school ended an hour ago. The only people in this building are the three janitors and possibly Mr. Rogers, a student counselor. Something tells me Yellow would be taking opportunity to elaborate on any humor behind his surname and his career.
     Objective: My mission is to break into a particular desktop computer on the second floor in the school's library. A file is stored in its hard drive that can compromise me.
     Resources: I have my mind. I also have a key to the library.
     Obstacles: I entered the school building one window too high. I must make my way to the second floor without being seen. Cameras are placed near the lockers, which are located on every floor in the center hallways that cross from one side of the building to the other, uninterrupted. Cameras are also mounted in every elevator and stair well.

No comments:

Post a Comment